- Prevention and treatment of mental illness and mental health crises.
- Access to care with an emphasis on services (preventive and intervention-based) that address mental, behavioral, and/or developmental health.
- Reduction in health disparities, especially those mentioned above.
- Work to develop and sustain healthier communities and families.
To achieve health and wellness, particularly psychological/mental health and well-being, for people in Greater Cincinnati through a lens of equity that acknowledges and addresses root causes of current disparities in health outcomes.
SAMPLE GRANT OBJECTIVES
- Promote healthy behaviors, thriving families, child development and behavioral health.
- Prevent and address mental health illness for youth and families.
- Improve access to health care, especially mental, developmental and/or behavioral health services.
- Reduce disparities in mental health outcomes for people living in Greater Cincinnati.
- Increase capacity and develop/test innovative approaches to improve mental health.
TIPS FOR PROSPECTIVE PARTNERS
- Preference will be given to organizations and projects working to ensure psychological/mental health and well-being of people in Greater Cincinnati.
- Preference will be given to organizations that address health equity and social determinants of health.
- Requests to support the development of innovative methods to advance health outcomes will be considered, but not for basic science research at this time.
- Health is considered across all ages, while Millstone Fund favors efforts to engage early in life.
- Millstone Fund elevates collaborative efforts driven by experts and people who have lived experiences relevant to the work.
- Basic needs such as housing, food and safety measures are considered critical to health.